Importing blogger blog to custom wordpress blog
You can import your current blogger blog into custom wordpress installation along with all posts,comments and other data.
There are two methods to import the blogger blog:
- First method is to import from directly blogger account but you would need to have an active blog in your blogger account otherwise it may fail saying no blog to import. Follow the below steps to copy your blog to custom wordpress:
- Login to your wordpress custom installation’s admin panel, usually from http://yoursite.com/wp-admin
- Navigate through the left panel menu bar and go to Tools menu and click on import
- On next page, click on first link Blogger, a new pop-under appears containing plugin information.
- Click on Install Now located on the right site of pop-under window.
- This will install the import plugin, on very next page activate the plugin.
- You will be sent to next page which contains Authorize button, just click on them.
- A new page appears here asking for your permission to access your blogger account.
- Please note you must be logged in with google account that contains your blog, Otherwise it may say no blog found. See the snapshot below:
- Now at this point, click on Grant Access button.
- On this page, you would need to follow the instructions given on the page.
- And you’re done.
I will discuss the 2nd method in my next post.
Let me know if you have any question regarding this post.
Update fails or server cannot connect to repositories
Three days ago one of my client’s server ran into an issue, the server has opensuse operating system with Yast installed and webmin as hosting control panel.
The issue was, it could not able to connect to any repositories for update or to install any package either from the yast panel. I have searched alot on google and on opensuse forum but was not able to find any proper solution.
I got it solved by doing following on the server:
I came to know that the server’s reverse DNS entries are wrong and do not point to any physical server. So i changed them to openDNS resolver by following method:
Login to SSH with root details.
Open resolver file by:
and insert the following IPs for nameservers:
Save the file by pressing CTRL + O and exit to the nano editor by CTRL + X
And you’re done, now your server can update their repositories.
Change timezone with .htaccess
Here is short code that changes the timezone for the linux server, you can add this single line of code into your .htaccess file to change the timezone/locale for your PHP files.
Follow the below steps:
Add the following code into .htaccess file and upload it to the server:
php_value date.timezone “America/New_York”
Now check the changes by adding following code into your PHP file:
echo date(‘h:s d-m-y’);
It will display your current time according to the timezone you have mentioned in the .htaccess file.
Here is the list of all supported locales/timezones for PHP:
Admin login disabled, please contact administrator – Solution for Kloxo
Recently i had the issue with one of my VPS, when i have been trying to login into my kloxo panel installed on VPS suddenly a problem arises saying “admin login disabled, please contact administrator”. I tried many tricks searched on google also tried to find the solution on kloxo official forum, but i was not able to solve the issue. Then an idea arrived in my mind and i logged into phpmyadmin edited the database records for admin user, the following changes i have made to the admin user record and that certainly fixed the login issue.
If you are having the same issue, follow the below steps:
- Login to PhpMyadmin from following address:
- Login with root username and root password.
- Now go to databased named “kloxo”
- Find the table named “client“
- Now a table client will be opened containing all the clients details.
- Find the record with username or nname “admin“
- Now click on edit to edit the row
- Find the following column “cpstatus” and change the value to “on“
- Save the changes and you are done.
Try login now it will work out of the box : )
Give your feedback if it works for you.