Best mysql configurations
In this post i will describe what are the best configurations for mysql server, you can edit your my.cnf file to reflect the changes. To do so follow the below steps:
- Login to your server via putty or shell/terminal with root access.
- Execute following commands:
# cd /etc/mysql
# nano my.cnf
- Now you are in text editor with opened file my.cnf here you can copy and paste the below code into it and then save it.
# MySQL 4.x has query caching available.
# Enable it for vast improvement and it may be all you need to tweak.
max_allowed_packet = 2M
sort_buffer_size = 4M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M
key_buffer = 4M
sort_buffer_size = 4M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 4M
- Now press CTRL+O and the press [Enter] settings will be saved and then execute following below command:
service mysql restart
- You can find your my.cnf file in mysql directory it might be different from the location that i mentioned above.
You are welcome to ask any question regarding above tutorial…
Apache2 high RAM usage resolution
In this post i will describe how to decrease memory usage of apache2, i tried to search on google and found many solution to that problem but nothing worked for me. So i discovered a way to decrease the memory usage of apache2.
Here is the solution:
- Login to your server via putty / shell terminal with root access.
- Execute following command:
# cd /etc/apache2
# nano apache2.conf
- A text editor will appear with apache2 configuration file find the below line in it:
Creating Child Name Servers for Domain
In this post i will describe how to setup domain child name servers for a domain to use branded name servers for your web hosting company.
The tutorial covers only order box hosting control panel or similar control panel such as resellerClub, DirectI and StarGate. Follow the below steps:
- Login to your domain control panel as reseller or customer with valid username and password.
- Goto your domain for which you want to create child name servers.
- Now go to your domain settings as below:
- Now click on child name servers link
- At this point you will get two input boxes asking for Host name and IP address. Read More
Initial setup of WHM/cPanel
In this post i am going to describe how to setup your whm/cPanel for the first time. Login to your whm/cPanel with root username and password by typing your ip address and port number in url bar of browser as stated below:
On very first page you will see license agreement of cPanel/WHM just accept it.
- Agreement: Accept the agreement.
Here you are required to configure networking options for the WHM/cPanel.
- Setup Networking:
- Hostname: In the server’s host name write your host name such as server1.yourdomain.com
- Resolvers: Leave these options as they are, as they are configured automatically.
Here you will see all available ip address and the actions that can be done on them.
- Setup IP address: Leave these fields as they are. Skip this option Read More
Claim your free google adword promo code
We are giving free Google Adword Promo Code to our visitors, to claim yours send email at offers[at]websterz.net containing following information:
- Your Name
- Your Web Site Address
- Your Valid Email Address
Note: Offer is limited and can be closed anytime with or without notice.
You must like us on FaceBook to get your free promo code and to stay up to date by new promotions and offers.
Installing WHM/cPanel on dedicated server/vps | whm/cpanel trial
In this post i will discuss how to install WHM/cPanel trial version on dedicated server or onVPS, if your IP has not used cPanel/WHM before you will be eligible to use trial version of WHM/cPanel (30 days for dedicated server and 15 days for VPS) once your trial is over you need to license for it.
- 512 MB minimum RAM
- 10GB minimum Hard Disk
- 2 GHZ minimum processor
- 1 Public IP
- Linux CentOS 5+/CentOS 6 Read More