EasyApache Error -Timeout on connect..Can’t use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/HttpRequest.pm line 550.
Recently i had following error while re-compiling apache server from cPanel/WHM. I googled the issue and found some good solutions however i did it by my own way, I just followed the following below steps:
- Login to SSH by root details.
- open the file /etc/hosts by:
- $ nano /etc/hosts
- Change the contents of that file as follow:
::1 localhost.localdomain localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
IPaddress of your server server.yourdomain.com server
and you ‘re done, now your hosts file seems to be configured correctly.
Install Mod_Evasive on apache
In this tutorial i will describe how to install MOD_EVASIVE on a VPS or Dedicated Server, it offers protection against DDoS attacks on the server and is a apache module.
- Login to your server through SSH with valid root details.
- Run these commands:
# wget http://www.zdziarski.com/projects/mod_evasive/mod_evasive_1.10.1.tar.gz
# tar zxf mode_evasive-1.10.1.tar.gz
# cd mod_evasive
- Then run following command for apache:
# > /usr/sbin/apxs -cia mod_evasive20.c
- It will install the mod_evasive on the server.
- Now you would need to edit httpd.conf file, to do so follow instructions:
- Open the httpd.conf file in nano text editor
# nano /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
- And place the following lines into it:
And you are done, this will install and activate Mod_Evasive on the server.
Feedback are welcome 🙂
Start/Restart/Stop Apache2 web server on linux
Here are some short commands for linux OS you can use to execute start/stop and restart apache services. Commands must be executed from linux terminal/ssh in other words they all are ssh commands.
To Start Apache2 web server:
# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
# /etc/init.d/httpd start
# service apache2 start
# service httpd start
To Stop Apache2 web server:
# /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
# /etc/init.d/httpd stop
OR Read More
Apache2 high RAM usage resolution
In this post i will describe how to decrease memory usage of apache2, i tried to search on google and found many solution to that problem but nothing worked for me. So i discovered a way to decrease the memory usage of apache2.
Here is the solution:
- Login to your server via putty / shell terminal with root access.
- Execute following command:
# cd /etc/apache2
# nano apache2.conf
- A text editor will appear with apache2 configuration file find the below line in it: