Installing ClamAV antivirus tool on your server
In this post i will describe how to install ClamAV an antivirus tool on your linux OS server.
What is ClamAV:
ClamAV is an antivirus tools, which allows you to scan each file on you server, it provides fast scanning of all files including emails, attachments and uploaded files.
It provides the facility to scan those files that are being uploaded, a real time scanning can be achieved with it. It does scan for malicious scripts and for trojans.
You must have this tool installed on the server specially if you are web hosting provider.
- Login to your server through terminal or ssh with root privileges
- Run the following commands:
# wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/clamav/clamav-0.97.2.tar.gz
# tar -xvzf clamav-0.97.2.tar.gz
# cd clamav-0.97.2 #groupadd clamav
# useradd clamav -g clamav -c “Clam AntiVirus” -s /nonexistent .
# make install
# cd ..
- And you are done, now can run your first scan by this command:
# clamscan -r
# clamscan –remove
You can install clamAV from whm control panel as well, follow the below steps:
- Login to your WHM panel with root username and password.
- Find the Menu cPanel in the left menu slider. as shown in below snap:
- Click on the Manage Plugin, new page will appear containing all available plugins for cPanel.
- Select the clamavconnector usually placed on second number, as shown in below snap:
- Now at the bottom of the page, press Save
- This will install the ClamAV free antivirus tool on you server.
- You can configure it according to your needs.
- For configurations, goto the Plugins Menu located at the bottom of WHM’s left side menu and find the link Configure ClamAV Scanner.
- Thats all.
Feedbacks are welcome 🙂