Installing Fantastico on cPanel/WHM
In this post i will describe about the installation of Fantastico on WHM/cPanel powered servers.
What is a Fantastico:
Fantastico is the software/addon which enables you to have one click automatic script installer on linux server. It contains many open source scripts that can be installed with one click from the cPanel/WHM. It is most powerful and best script installer that is being used by most web hosting providers.
To install fantastico on cPanel/WHM you should follow the below instructions:
- SSH to your server with root privileges.
- Run the following commands:
# cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi
# wget -N http://files.betaservant.com/files/free/fantastico_whm_admin.tgz
# tar -xzpf fantastico_whm_admin.tgz
# rm -rf fantastico_whm_admin.tgz
- And you’re done!
- Now go to your WHM panel and then Add-Ons menu, located at the last of left menu in WHM, Find the link to Fantastico under that menu.
- Configure it accordingly and you are ready to use it.
Errors and Rectifications:
- I am having Source Guardian Error, what should i do ?
- Run the following command from SSH:
# chmod -R 0755 /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/ixed
- My users do not see the link to fantastico, what should i do?
Go to WHM panel and edit the “default” Features list, activate fantastico from there.
Enjoy your web hosting business…
Queries are welcome 🙂