DMCA Notice UDP Outgoing flood resolution
In this post i will discuss about the DMCA notice that i have received some times ago. In that notice they have mentioned my server is being used to DDos to some other server via UDP ports. In other words my server was being used to launch DDos Attack on other server via UDP. i had search on google but did not able to find any proper solution to this problem and my bandwidth usage suddenly increased to 2TB+ in a day that was my monthly bandwidth usage before the notification. So i started searching to solve the issue and after 1 month i got a solution that is to check the each account for malicious scripts.
cPanel does not record outgoing traffic on UDP ports for the accounts, the only way to check the outbound traffic is bandmin that is available within cPanel.
You can see all traffic whether it is inbound or outbound from bandmin, to do so go to your browser and type : http://yourdomain.com/bandwidth at this point you will be asked to provide username and password for bandmin that can be changed from cPanel/WHM. Just find the option Bandmin Password Under Service Configuration in you WHM panel’s left side. Change the password and then use it to login to your bandmin stats from http://www.yourdomain.com/bandwidth Read More
Best mysql configurations
In this post i will describe what are the best configurations for mysql server, you can edit your my.cnf file to reflect the changes. To do so follow the below steps:
- Login to your server via putty or shell/terminal with root access.
- Execute following commands:
# cd /etc/mysql
# nano my.cnf
- Now you are in text editor with opened file my.cnf here you can copy and paste the below code into it and then save it.
# MySQL 4.x has query caching available.
# Enable it for vast improvement and it may be all you need to tweak.
max_allowed_packet = 2M
sort_buffer_size = 4M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 2M
key_buffer = 4M
sort_buffer_size = 4M
read_buffer = 2M
write_buffer = 4M
- Now press CTRL+O and the press [Enter] settings will be saved and then execute following below command:
service mysql restart
- You can find your my.cnf file in mysql directory it might be different from the location that i mentioned above.
You are welcome to ask any question regarding above tutorial…
Apache2 high RAM usage resolution
In this post i will describe how to decrease memory usage of apache2, i tried to search on google and found many solution to that problem but nothing worked for me. So i discovered a way to decrease the memory usage of apache2.
Here is the solution:
- Login to your server via putty / shell terminal with root access.
- Execute following command:
# cd /etc/apache2
# nano apache2.conf
- A text editor will appear with apache2 configuration file find the below line in it:
Creating Child Name Servers for Domain
In this post i will describe how to setup domain child name servers for a domain to use branded name servers for your web hosting company.
The tutorial covers only order box hosting control panel or similar control panel such as resellerClub, DirectI and StarGate. Follow the below steps:
- Login to your domain control panel as reseller or customer with valid username and password.
- Goto your domain for which you want to create child name servers.
- Now go to your domain settings as below:
- Now click on child name servers link
- At this point you will get two input boxes asking for Host name and IP address. Read More
Initial setup of WHM/cPanel
In this post i am going to describe how to setup your whm/cPanel for the first time. Login to your whm/cPanel with root username and password by typing your ip address and port number in url bar of browser as stated below:
On very first page you will see license agreement of cPanel/WHM just accept it.
- Agreement: Accept the agreement.
Here you are required to configure networking options for the WHM/cPanel.
- Setup Networking:
- Hostname: In the server’s host name write your host name such as server1.yourdomain.com
- Resolvers: Leave these options as they are, as they are configured automatically.
Here you will see all available ip address and the actions that can be done on them.
- Setup IP address: Leave these fields as they are. Skip this option Read More
Claim your free google adword promo code
We are giving free Google Adword Promo Code to our visitors, to claim yours send email at offers[at]websterz.net containing following information:
- Your Name
- Your Web Site Address
- Your Valid Email Address
Note: Offer is limited and can be closed anytime with or without notice.
You must like us on FaceBook to get your free promo code and to stay up to date by new promotions and offers.