In this short tutorial i will describe how to install WebMin on the server, you must have fresh VPS or Dedicated server in order to install webmin.
What is a WebMin:
Webmin is a web based control panel that helps you to manage your server without accessing SSH, it gives complete web hosting features and component management including:
- Apache (Web Server)
- MySQL (Database Server)
- PHP (Dynamic Language)
- ProFTPD (FTP Server)
- Exim (Mail Server)
- Bind (DNS Server)
Installation From The Source:
These instructions are for CentOS and Fedora.
- Login to your server by SSH with root access.
- Run the following command:
# wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin-x.xxx-x.noarch.rpm
- Where webmin-x.xxx-x.noarch.rpm is the source file you are downloading replace this with the proper and valid file name.
- This will download the webmin’s latest version from sourceforge.
- Now run the following command:
# rpm -ivh webmin-x.xxx0x.noarch.rpm
- Where webmin-x.xxx.x.noarch.rpm is the file name you just downloaded.
- You will be asked to provide some information during the installation, just provide the info that will be asked.
- And you are done!
- Now you can login to your webmin panel with root username and password from the following url: