You can import your current blogger blog into custom wordpress installation along with all posts,comments and other data.
There are two methods to import the blogger blog:
- First method is to import from directly blogger account but you would need to have an active blog in your blogger account otherwise it may fail saying no blog to import. Follow the below steps to copy your blog to custom wordpress:
- Login to your wordpress custom installation’s admin panel, usually from http://yoursite.com/wp-admin
- Navigate through the left panel menu bar and go to Tools menu and click on import
- On next page, click on first link Blogger, a new pop-under appears containing plugin information.
- Click on Install Now located on the right site of pop-under window.
- This will install the import plugin, on very next page activate the plugin.
- You will be sent to next page which contains Authorize button, just click on them.
- A new page appears here asking for your permission to access your blogger account.
- Please note you must be logged in with google account that contains your blog, Otherwise it may say no blog found. See the snapshot below:
- Now at this point, click on Grant Access button.
- On this page, you would need to follow the instructions given on the page.
- And you’re done.
I will discuss the 2nd method in my next post.
Let me know if you have any question regarding this post.